Setting up your Emtrain Learning Management System (LMS) is a simple process! Follow the steps below to get started:
Step 1: BRANDING
Brand your LMS and Learner portal by adding your company logo, color scheme and employment policies.
- Upload your Logo
- Customize your Color Scheme (optional)
- Embed Policies into any courses you plan to launch. If you plan to launch a course that contains required custom content, please send your customizations to email@example.com
- Configure the Learner Portal to customize the Learners’ View
- Customize your Course Completion Certificates
Step 2: EMAIL
Set-up the email notification system so that you can communicate with your learners.
- Whitelist Emtrain IP addresses to ensure that email and training content do not get blocked by your email server.
- Email "From Preferences" are used by the Schedule Reminder Emails tool.
- Set up the templates in Automatic Email Updates for notifications, completions, reminders. Use the Email Template Suggestions as a guide.
Step 3: LEARNER DATA
Add custom data fields to allow you to sort and track relevant information such as hire dates, job titles, regions or departments.
- Add custom data fields to your Upload/Edit spreadsheet
Step 4: UPLOAD/EDIT LEARNERS
Upload your learner data into the LMS.
- Upload/Edit learner data to your LMS. To add more custom columns, go back to step #3.
Select either the Download and Sync Spreadsheet method to download a template spreadsheet and add your learners to it, or the Sync LMS Dashboard to HRIS Spreadsheet method to sync your learners using a validation field of your choice.
Don’t worry! This will not automatically assign training or send emails. This is simply to add Users into your database so that later on you can assign learning or send emails to them when you want to.
Step 5: ASSIGN LEARNING
Assign eLearning courses, workshops, webinars or files to your learners.
- Manually: Use the Assign Courses tool to assign courses to one or many learners at one time.
- Automatically: Create one Learner Group for each Course Track (curriculum) you build. Emtrain LMS will automatically assign the Course Track to the Learner Group that you specify.
Step 6: NOTIFY
Send email notifications to the learners with newly assigned courses.
- Automatically via the Automatic Email Updates tool that you set up in Step# 2
- Or, send a course Announcement email via the Email Learner Groups tool.
Step 7: REMIND
You can send reminders to learners who have not completed their courses.
- Send a reminder to everyone with incomplete training via the Schedule Reminder Emails link.
- Or, target your emails to a specific group of learners with the Email Learner Groups tool.
Step 8: ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS
If you wish, you can set up additional users with either unrestricted or partial access to the LMS dashboard.
- You can grant Administrative Access to other users.
- Default Role: Unrestricted Administrative Access
- Custom Roles: Configure the Roles & Permissions your LMS has to give different supervisors or administrators different levels of access.
- Note: As per Emtrain Support Policy, your Primary Administrator should be the point person for communication with Emtrain Support &/or Customer Service.