There may be instances you need to update an individual learner's profile. Their email address might change, for example. You can update a learners information in their profile page. the profile page also allows you to view the learner's assigned training, assign new training, and send emails to that learner.
Opening a Learner's Profile Page
You can access the profile from 2 places in the dashboard: via the By Course and By Learner links in the Reports section.
Once you have located the learner in the By Learner/By Course list:
- Click on the learner's Last Name. This will open a menu.
- Select Profile from the menu. This will open the profile page in a new browser tab.
- You can update any of the data fields on the profile page, make a learner inactive or active, change their supervisor status, and change their dashboard role. When you are done updating the learner's profile, click the Save button to apply the changes.
Assigning Training from a Learner's Profile
You can assign and notify a learner directly via their profile. To assign a course and send a notification email, follow the steps below.
- Click the Assign Training button at the top of the profile page to access the Assign Training interface.
- Select the course or courses you wish to assign. Use the search bar to find specific course titles, or topics. You can select the type of training (courses, workshops, webinars or files). To select a course, click on the title to add it. You can select more than one course.
- Once you have all the courses you wish to assign selected, click the Apply button.
- A box containing the selected courses will show up below the Select Courses interface. Click Assign to assign the course to the learner, or Make Available to allow the learner to self-enroll in the course.
- Click the Done button at the top of the page to return to the learner's profile.
For each course assigned, a notification email will be sent to the learner, using the Assigned email template in the Automatic Email Updates section of the dashboard.