With years of experience aiding companies to launch compliance and productivity training, we have developed a list of best practices to help you with set-up and launch, as well as with future training and reporting.
- Custom data fields that are helpful to include: Department, Job Title, Office Name/Location, EEID, Manager Name
- Custom date fields that are helpful to include: Hire Date, Promotion Date
- EEID is preferable as a unique identifying code because emails can change
- Email: preferable to have individual, unique emails instead of shared email accounts
- Login: preferable to use email address instead of a name combination
- Location: list by state code (not as USA) to ensure state level compliance
- Create a retraining identifier (recommended: ODD/EVEN year tag)
- Review/edit/upload your complete roster once per month to correctly include new hires, terminations, promotions and other changes
- Create an email address specifically for training with your company domain (i.e. email@example.com, HR@yourcompany.com, etc)
- Reminder emails should be sent once per month at minimum
- Assignments and reminders should be sent Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
- Due dates should be set in number of days (10, 30, 60) instead of a specific date if you do rolling assignments
- Refer to our Email Template Suggestions
- Review annually that IT continues to have our addresses whitelisted
- Add certification text into the automated completion email so learners have it readily available. See Email Template Suggestions for text.
- Add language to the certificates to let employees know if they need to submit a hard copy of the certificate or not. See Email Template Suggestions for text.
- Extract course specific policy from employee handbook for placement in corresponding courses
- Provide PDF format to learners
- Review policies annually and/or in conjunction with new laws
- Be sure to include contact information in the policy
- State the steps of "how to report"
- Visit Emtrain Resources for a number of Workplace Policy templates (Note: filter by resource type = policy templates)
- Make due dates within 90 days (longer would be counter productive)
- Automate onboarding with learner groups and course tracks
- Archive older course assignments prior to assigning new ones
- Archive course assignments rather than remove them to maintain a record of offering compliance training
- Run monthly
- Best to launch PWH alone to focus employees on completing required training, once completion rate reaches 75-80% begin to launch additional courses every other month