To set yourself up for successful training year after year, it is vital to create a Re-training Identifier. You must tag your employees in such a way as to identify the years they should be assigned the course after the initial launch.
Some Re-training Identifiers include:
- A tag indicating the year and the type of the last completed course (i.e. 2015M, 2017E)
- A tag with the year they would next receive training (i.e. 2020)
- A tag separating odd from even years (i.e. Odd, Even)
- A tag for Annual training
- CA/CT managers
- NY managers & non-managers
- Non CA/CT managers
- HR & Legal
- Canada / International
- Training Administrators will better be able to manage this field going forward
- Learner groups will no longer include numbers for the years, making them incorrect once the new year comes
You will begin to see the Retrain ID field rolled out as we perform an Annual Review of your Training Dashboard.
- When new learners are added, they should be given the indication of the year they were added. (Those added to the system in December may be given the following years designation since the course will likely be completed in the following year.) This same practice should also apply to promoted employees—reset their Retrain ID to the calendar year they were promoted to ensure they receive the correct training.
- Learners should both be assigned and complete the course in the same calendar year, keeping them in the same Retrain ID Group.
- Audit and update field, if necessary, on regular basis (monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Learner Group can be created for each re-training option. Course Track could include manager and non-manager training but CANNOT include different versions (1-hour, 2-hour, untimed) of manager training.
- Update "opposite year" Course Track to inactive during the year so that it doesn't continue assigning courses.